The Highlighted New Testament Bible Quick View Inside

Enlarge this document in a new window Publishing Software from YUDU

My Spirituals

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Why doesn't the church address the issue of modesty?

This topic grabbed my attention as I was looking through the Eternal Perspective Ministries blog site  at http://www.epm.org/blog/2010/Oct/15/why-doesnt-church-address-issue-modesty, in search of an email address to send a copy of The Highlighted New Testament Bible found at this site


Before I came to know God, I did not think about immodesty or how women dressed, except to have my attention turned in the direction of a sexy woman dressed for success.  Now, I have to look down at the ground when I am in the public, turn the other way, change the TV channel when I encounter it, and in all things prevent myself from viewing it or allowing it to capture my attention.  In the scriptures Christ said that a man who looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery in his heart.  I use to do a lot of this. I even followed through with it.  I was ignorant.  But thanks to God's grace, I have been changed and now I know what I must do. 


I have discovereed that lust is a spiritual demon that captures both a man and a woman.  The woman gets up in the morning and puts on lust with the knowledge that she is going to be attractive, according to the world's social norms.  Little does she know the effect that lust has on the opposite sex.  I watched once, as a woman, dressed seductively, walked down the street and caused men's heads to turn as she passed.  For a woman, this is a tremendous feeling of power and vanity.  For you see, lust reaches out with many tentacles and grabs men's attention and causes them to commit adultery in their hearts, which is against God.  Our hearts belong to God and not to satan.  And this is what lust does.  It is like an octopus with many tentacles that reaches out and causes man to sin.  It is a slave for satan and it brings forth sin into the hearts of men and women. 


Now, I honor women who dress modestly, who have the courage and the wisdom to understand what lust does to a man. 


I was reluctant to respond to this post due to the fact that other than the pastor, all of the other respondents are women and I would be the first male.  But my heart complelled me to reply.  
We live in a world that is against the precepts of God and yet we must realize that we are not of this world and therefore must live outside of its norms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment